Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Family


Hey everyone, welcome to Shayne, Erica, and Jordynn Finch's blog. I was told by many family members the I should blog, that it was the funnest thing to do, and everyone was doing it. It sounded to me like it was a red-neck word for mud wrestling or something and I wanted no part of it. When I learned what it was I though I would give it a try and see what this strange addiction was all about.
For those of you that don't know my family well, let me introduce them. The picture above is of my beautiful wife Erica. That adorable thing on her shoulders is my daughter Jordynn. That is the extent of my family as of today.
I couldn't have asked for a better wife then Erica. She supports me in all of my goals in life and helps me in every way possible helps me to achieve them. Her and I were married on December 28th 2004 and in August of 2006 we were sealed in the Snowflake AZ Temple. I have decided to start school full time in the fall so this summer Erica and I are both going to be working this summer to save up some money for this next step in life. She is working at subway and is having about as much fun as a working mother can have, but it will all be worth it in the end.
Erica was at work last week and she was making a sandwich for a gentleman who looked really familiar to her. She said the was looking at her like he was expecting her to say something out of the ordinary to her. After about 3 min and a few tomatoes later another customer came in and started freaking out about this guy. It wasn' t until the loco crazy customer said the name Steve Martin did Erica put it all together. She made a sub sandwich for the actor Steve Martin. For you old folk who don't know who he is, he is the father on " Father of the bride" and in "Cheaper by the Dozen".

Jordynn was born on August 1st 2006. She is now 21 months going on 16yrs. I always thought that the "Terrible Twos" were reserved for "the twos", not the "ones". This caught Erica and I totally off guard. If I get the chance to balme anyone for this disaster, it has to be Aunt Angie. She is a hand full but she can always be the the sweetest thing on earth (when she is sleeping).

I guess that leaves me. There is really two words that can sum up my personality, Hunting and Fishing. You will find, if you visit this sight much, that I go on a lot of fishing and Hunting trips. There will be a lot of pictures on my page. Well, as I said earlier, I am going to start school in the fall full time and my 2 year goal is an AAS in drafting. I love to draw and the only real trade I know is construction, so i thought I would put the to together and draw blue prints. Loving being a Dad and a Husband.




















3 comments:

Colton said...

Steve Martin? NO WAY! That is AWESOME!

erin said...

Steve Martin was in Eagar (of ALL places)..ok Springerville..lol..and I MISSED IT!?!? hmmm I was there twice that week too!!! hahaha

mwalker said...

Love your blog. Glad to see you joined all your crazy cousins. It's like a family reunion everyday!